Prawns cooked in spices and coconut milk, serve with rice for an authentic Bengali meal
Recipe Servings: 4
- 4oo grams Prawns.
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
- 1/2 tbsp whole cumin
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp cumin paste
- 2 tbsp cumin paste
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp garammasala
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Blanch the prawns in turmeric water.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add sugar and whole cumin.
- Add ginger paste, cumin powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and sauté
- Now add the prawns and slit green chillies and stir for few minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, cook for few more minutes and then add salt.
- In the end sprinkle garam masala and ghee on top and serve.